cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Marc Poll Garcia <marc.poll.gar...@upcnet.es>
Subject cloudstack 4.5.2 upgrade best practices
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2016 11:20:44 GMT
Hello guys,

I'm having some doubts and questions about which is the best way to
upgrade our current Cloudstack platform, to a newer and better one (bug
fixes, new features, etc...)

I would like to know about the known issues and troubles that we can be
exposed during the upgrade process, and the most important thing for me
if there's any version better to avoid in our case.

We currently have a 4 x hipervisors cluster with "VMWare ESXi 5.5.0" and
"Cloudstack 4.5.2" installed on them.

In addition, i saw it should be done in two steps and same procedure
twice, first moving from 4.5.2 to 4.6 and then 4.6 to 4.7, i found the
upgrade documentation here:

Upgrade to 4.6
<http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-release-notes/en/4.6.0/upgrade/upgrade-4.5.html>

Upgrade to 4.7
<http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-release-notes/en/4.7.0/upgrade/upgrade-4.6.html>

Could you help me on it?

Thanks in advance.
Regards.

--
Marc Poll Garcia
Technology Infrastructure

Aquest correu electrònic pot contenir informació confidencial o legalment protegida i està
exclusivament dirigit a la persona o entitat  destinatària. Si vostè no és el destinatari
final o persona encarregada de recollir-lo, no està autoritzat a llegir-lo, retenir-lo, modificar-lo,
distribuir-lo, copiar-lo ni a revelar el seu contingut. Si ha rebut aquest correu electrònic
per error, li preguem que informi al remitent i elimini del seu sistema el missatge i el material
annex que pugui contenir.
Gràcies per la seva col.laboració.
*** Si us plau, no m'imprimeixis. Vull seguir sent digital ***
*** Por favor, no me imprimas. Quiero seguir siendo digital ***
*** Please, don't print me. I want to remain digital ***