cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Rene Moser <m...@renemoser.net>
Subject Re: Advantages and disadvantages of installing CloudStack manager in a virtual machine within the host.
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2016 06:42:49 GMT
Hi

On 09/03/2016 10:27 PM, Jhon Jaro wrote:
> I have the following query, that would have advantages and disadvantages
> install CloudStack manager in a virtual machine running on the host.

I don't see any disadvantages in running the CloudStack manager on a VM,
however the host on which the CloudStack manager VM runs must not be
managed by CloudStack.

You get all the advantages you normally get by the hypervisor, in our
case VMware: Snapshots, Live Migration, DRS. HA.  We run the CloudStack
manager on VMware in a different cluster.