cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Yiping Zhang <yzh...@marketo.com>
Subject Re: All Xen hosts except poolmaster stuck in alerting/connecting state
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2016 16:33:39 GMT
After we switched pool master to another host with command “xe pool-designate-new-master
host-uuid=xxxx”, the CloudStack mgmt. server eventually connected to all hosts successfully
with all hosts in Running state.

So I can only speculate that there is something wrong with the Xen Cluster itself, but I have
no direct evidence to support this claim from Xen server logs.  Once the master is switched
over, I restarted xen toolstack on the old master node just to be safe.

Yiping

On 9/7/16, 7:15 PM, "Ezequiel Mc Govern" <ezequiel.mcgovern@gmail.com> wrote:

    We have the same problem,one Pool get in connecting or Alert state.

    The configuration is the same.

    > On Sep 7, 2016, at 17:50, Yiping Zhang <yzhang@marketo.com> wrote:
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > In one of our xen clusters, all host except the pool master are stuck in alerting
or connecting state.  There are no scary log entries in catalina.out or management-server.log.

    > I have tried to restart management service already, but it has no effect. What other
steps can I take?   I am thinking of restarting xen toolstack on the pool master (already
tried on one of slave host, no effect), is this a safe operation to do with tons of VM running
on all hosts and the pool master?

    > Yiping
    >
    > PS: we are running CS 4.8.0 on RHLE 6.7 and Xen 6.5 with all recommended security
patches installed.