cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Dag Sonstebo <Dag.Sonst...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: two XenServer Pools on the same primary Storage?
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2016 08:24:54 GMT
Hi Stephan,

Zone-wide (i.e. multi-cluster) primary storage is only supported on KVM and VMware, not XenServer.

Just so we are on the same page though – this applies at a LUN level – in other words
two XenServer pools can never share a LUN, but they can both use different LUNs from the same
storage backend.

And yes – to answer your question – using the same LUN on multiple clusters is pretty
much guaranteed to cause you problems – most likely data corruption and complete loss of
data.

Regards,
Dag Sonstebo
Cloud Architect