cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Yiping Zhang <yzh...@marketo.com>
Subject Re: Adding Hosts to XenCenter Pool
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2016 17:56:00 GMT
Is the xen4 config shown that of before or after xen4 has joint the pool?  If it is after,
then I don’t see any problem, but if it is before, then you need to wipe out its bond settings
first.

As I said, the incoming server, i.e. the server joining the pool and in this case the Xen4,
should NOT have any bond / NIC settings, except the mgmt IP address on NIC4.

Yiping

On 9/8/16, 10:23 AM, "Jeremy Peterson" <jpeterson@acentek.net> wrote:

    Ok so I created a new pool.  Added Xen3

    Then tried to add Xen4 once that works I'll add Xen5 Xen6 then add to cloudstack.

    http://screencast.com/t/LNPu9XchUU

    You can see Xen3's config and Xen4

    Xen3 is pool master.  I need to add Xen4 and more still same error.

    Jeremy

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Yiping Zhang [mailto:yzhang@marketo.com]
    Sent: Thursday, September 8, 2016 11:48 AM
    To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
    Subject: Re: Adding Hosts to XenCenter Pool

    The problem is that for Xen1 and Xen2, the mgmt. interface is NIC4, while for Xen3, the
mgmt. interface is Bond4+5.  According to docs, incoming server should not have any bond configurations,
it will automatically get those from the pool once it becomes a pool member.

    What you need to do is 1) wipe out all bond assignments on Xen3; 2) assign mgmt. IP to
NIC4,  3) join Xen3 into the pool.  You can assign any storage IPs for Xen3 after it has joint
the pool.

    Yiping

    PS:  if this is a brand new pool,  I would recommend that you rebuild the pool so that
the mgmt. NIC is also a bond.