cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Marc Streeter <ma...@codero.com>
Subject DOCS extracted template url
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2016 23:59:35 GMT
Hello,

We have several templates that we wish to download from cloudstack internally using the private
ip address, but the URL provided from `extractTemplate` is using the public ip address.  Is
there a way to specify that the private ip is desired?

Currently we are replacing the public ip with the private ip ourselves by
	• listing system vm’s of “secondarystoragevm” type in the zone where the template
was created
	• extracting public and private ip’s from the resulting secondary storage vm
	• constructing a new url based on the private ip

If this is the way to do it then I’m ok.  I just want to make sure there isn’t a better
way or that doing it this way is expected usage.

Thanks,
—
Marc Streeter
Developer