cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Yiping Zhang <yzh...@marketo.com>
Subject Re: Adding Hosts to XenCenter Pool
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2016 18:47:17 GMT

On the switch side, you need to configure the port channel to LACP passive mode.  On the Xen
Server side, you need to take out all bond configurations, and assign mgmt. IP directly to
NIC4.  Once xen4 joins the pool, its mgmt. IP will now be assigned to Bond4+5, and you can
manually assign IPs to other newly created bonds on Xen4.

Yiping

On 9/8/16, 11:08 AM, "Jeremy Peterson" <jpeterson@acentek.net> wrote:

    Xen4 is before joining the pool.

    My question is how will I have mgmt?  I have a port channel setup for the bonded interfaces
if I break the bond my port channel won't come up.

    Jeremy

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Yiping Zhang [mailto:yzhang@marketo.com]
    Sent: Thursday, September 8, 2016 12:56 PM
    To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
    Subject: Re: Adding Hosts to XenCenter Pool

    Is the xen4 config shown that of before or after xen4 has joint the pool?  If it is after,
then I don’t see any problem, but if it is before, then you need to wipe out its bond settings
first.

    As I said, the incoming server, i.e. the server joining the pool and in this case the
Xen4, should NOT have any bond / NIC settings, except the mgmt IP address on NIC4.

    Yiping