cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Jeremy Peterson <jpeter...@acentek.net>
Subject Adding Hosts to XenCenter Pool
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2016 22:57:46 GMT
So I am running XenCenter and I am trying to create a second pool to add hosts to but when
I join the pool the errors are coming up

The server joining the pool must have a physical management NIC  (i.e. the management NIC
must not be on a VLAN or bonded PIF)

I have 6 nics

2 on board 1GB NIC ( LACP BOND with port channel to two different nexus 5k) MGMT
2 10GB NIC ( LACP BOND with port channel to two different nexus 5k) Primary storage
2 10GB NIC ( LACP BOND with port channel to two different nexus 5k) Sec Storage & Guest
& Public traffic

Everything looks good outside of a xenserver pool the minute I want to add to a pool I get
the above error.

I am on CS 4.5.0 XS 6.5

Maybe I should ask this to XenServer but I use CloudStack and I seen someone talk about XenServer
MGMT LACP a couple weeks ago but I don't think I seen a good answer on if it works or not.

I'm confused why it doesn't work.