cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Stephan Seitz <s.se...@secretresearchfacility.com>
Subject two XenServer Pools on the same primary Storage?
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2016 13:24:22 GMT
Hi!

I've recently expanded our XenServer Pool and had to notice that E5-
2630 v2 are far different from E5-2630 v4. Due to Dell's R630 BIOS i'm
unable to use Intel FlexMigration. So I'ld loose the live-migration
feature.
Anyway. I'ld start introducing a new XenServer Pool (ACS Cluster) with
that newer CPU Generation.

My Question is: Is it possible to use the same (FC/presetup) Primary
Storages for both Clusters?
I've seen cluster.storage.operations.exclude (which defaults to false)
but currently don't know if this would need to be set to true on the
second cluster.

Would you expect any problems running two XenServer Pools (say: two ACS
Clusters) with the same Primary Storages?

Thanks for any advice!

cheers,

- Stephan