cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Stephan Seitz <s.se...@secretresearchfacility.com>
Subject Re: Adding Hosts to XenCenter Pool
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2016 10:17:23 GMT
Am Mittwoch, den 07.09.2016, 22:57 +0000 schrieb Jeremy Peterson:
> So I am running XenCenter and I am trying to create a second pool to
> add hosts to but when I join the pool the errors are coming up
>
> The server joining the pool must have a physical management
> NIC  (i.e. the management NIC must not be on a VLAN or bonded PIF)

Indeed, this is XenServer-specific.
Start with one host meant to be the initial pool-master. Say: configure
these trunks and networks on just this single host. Don't forget to
label these networks to meet the respective ACS labels.
If you'ld like add this host to ACS. Can be done now or later.
Additional hosts meant as additional pool-members shouldn't be
configured. Just do a simple installation and define the hosts
management IP *on one of the meant-to-be MGMT trunk-ports*.
Join the addtitional host to the pool-master and you're done. The pool-
configuration will be populated to all new pool-members. I'ld recommend
to use the identical NICs on every host - that's way easier.