cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "NOC" <...@logicweb.com>
Subject RE: New Initial HW Setup
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2016 16:34:13 GMT
Thanks for the feedback!

Ok so management server is just a standalone server (no fancy specs generally speaking) for
the CS control panel itself.

Compute NODE: CPU, RAM, Local Storage. That's my goal, using KVM as a platform. So essentially,
I can do this for example:

Compute NODE Specs:

Dell R815
4 x Opteron 16-Core CPUs
256GB RAM
6 x 2TB SSD Drives
Perc H700 RAID
KVM Platform (offering Linux & Windows templates)

I can say, down the road add the above similar NODES into the cluster, seamlessly via the
CS management panel. Just like that, correct? Nothing else fancy involved?

Regarding selling them like VPS, I'm assuming the option to provide the end user/customer
a full list of available templates for them to install and reinstall at their disposal can
be done easily? Say we wanted 10 Linux OS flavors to offer and 2 Windows. We can set this
up in advance and grant the user the ability via some predefined package per se?

We currently use SolusVM for virtualization (VPS plans). So, generally speaking, I'm not sure
I see much of a difference overall between this and CS? Please correct me if I'm wrong. Because
as it stands now, SolusVM works in generally the same exact way.