cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Glenn Wagner <glenn.wag...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: Guest networking issue
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2016 06:26:32 GMT
Good morning ,

Two questions,

1. What Hypervisor are you using? - security groups only work with Xenserver and KVM,
2. Have you look at using Advanced networking?  , it gives you more functions , separate networks
for traffic, public and private networks (Used if you are wanting a public cloud), DHCP ,
VPC's , VPN gateways

Glenn

glenn.wagner@shapeblue.comĀ
www.shapeblue.com
First Floor, Victoria Centre, 7 Victoria Street, Somerset West, Cape Town  7129South Africa
@shapeblue

-----Original Message-----
From: Asanka Gunasekara [mailto:asanka.g@informaticsint.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 09 August 2016 6:53 AM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Guest networking issue

Hi Hope someone can help me on this

 Below is my env

a) CloudStack 4.9 on CentOs 7.2,
b) running on 2 compute nodes and one controller node
c) NFS as shared storage primary and secondary
d) Basic networking
f) Hosts, Guests, system VMs and NFS storage are in same IP range

I can create VMs and from UI I can see Guests are getting IPs assigned

     1. when the instance boots up it has no IP assigned (ip addr show shows no IP). But I
have to do dhclient for the guest to get configured.

     2. Even though instance gets an IP after running dhclient, I am unable to reach no further
than the host that the instance are in. All the routes are in place. I have created Security
Group with allow all to this guest still no luck

please let me know if you need any additional information

Best Regards

*Asanka Gunasekara*

*Asst. Engineering Manager - Systems Infra Services* *Global IT Infrastructure Services Division*

| Informatics International Limited | 89/57 | Jampettah Lane | Colombo
| 13 |
Sri Lanka |

| T: +94-115-794-942 (Dir)| F: +94-112-542-832 | M: +94-768209719 |

| asanka.g@informaticsint.com <lasith.j@informaticsint.com> |
www.informaticsint.com |