cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Asanka Gunasekara <asank...@informaticsint.com>
Subject Guest networking issue
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2016 04:52:37 GMT
Hi Hope someone can help me on this

 Below is my env

a) CloudStack 4.9 on CentOs 7.2,
b) running on 2 compute nodes and one controller node
c) NFS as shared storage primary and secondary
d) Basic networking
f) Hosts, Guests, system VMs and NFS storage are in same IP range

I can create VMs and from UI I can see Guests are getting IPs assigned

     1. when the instance boots up it has no IP assigned (ip addr show
shows no IP). But I have to do dhclient for the guest to get configured.

     2. Even though instance gets an IP after running dhclient, I am unable
to reach no further than the host that the instance are in. All the routes
are in place. I have created Security Group with allow all to this guest
still no luck

please let me know if you need any additional information

Best Regards

*Asanka Gunasekara*

*Asst. Engineering Manager - Systems Infra Services*
*Global IT Infrastructure Services Division*

| Informatics International Limited | 89/57 | Jampettah Lane | Colombo 13 |
Sri Lanka |

| T: +94-115-794-942 (Dir)| F: +94-112-542-832 | M: +94-768209719 |

| asanka.g@informaticsint.com <lasith.j@informaticsint.com> |
www.informaticsint.com |