cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Marty Godsey <ma...@gonsource.com>
Subject RE: Secret to importing existing VHDs into ACS
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2016 05:28:29 GMT
Ok, found my issue. But I still pose the question of what do people use to move a large import
into ACS? Say you have an existing customer that has a p2V or even a large VM they want to
import.

Regards,
Marty Godsey

-----Original Message-----
From: Marty Godsey [mailto:marty@gonsource.com]
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2016 12:02 AM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Secret to importing existing VHDs into ACS

So what is the secret to doing this? I have tried downloading the gz (which fails with unexpected
end of filefailed to uncompress), I have tried upload from local, everything and it is problematic
getting large templates into ACS.. Now when I say large I am not talking about 500G or better.
I know there is limit of 50G by default. I am meaning an 8G VHD.

What other methods are people using?

Regards,
Marty Godsey