cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Koushik Das <koushik....@accelerite.com>
Subject Re: Setting DEBUG log level on management node
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2016 10:10:32 GMT
Check if the following entries are present in the config

   <category name="com.cloud">
     <priority value="DEBUG"/>
   </category>

   <category name="org.apache.cloudstack">
     <priority value="DEBUG"/>
   </category>

On 30/07/16, 2:52 PM, "Jithin Raju" <rajujith@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Makrand,

By default com.cloud is set with DEBUG level . Find com.cloud under Limit
categories and verify the verbosity.

On Fri, Jul 29, 2016, 1:27 PM Makrand <makrandsanap@gmail.com> wrote:

> Guys,
>
> How do one go and change the default INFO level of logs to DEBUG in
> cloudstack?  I am having some issues with large (250GB+) volumes migrations
> and the INFO level logs are not giving any sufficient information.
>

> I've edited /etc/cloudstack/management/log4j-cloud.xml and set DEBUG
> following way. (Under last heading Setup the Root category). This is ACS
> 4.4.2 with single management node.
>

> <!-- ======================= -->
>    <!-- Setup the Root category -->
>    <!-- ======================= -->
>
>    <root>
>       <level value="DEBUG"/>
>       <appender-ref ref="SYSLOG"/>
>       <appender-ref ref="CONSOLE"/>
>       <appender-ref ref="FILE"/>
>    </root>
>
> </log4j:configuration>
>
> Is this sufficient or do I need to change things anywhere else as well?
> Please note, after doing this  I made  another volume migration attempt
> which failed with unexpected exception, but I found no new lines in logs.
> Still seeing the same lines as old for errors. Am I missing anything?
>

> --
> Best,
> Makrand

DISCLAIMER