cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Abhinandan Prateek <abhinandan.prat...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: Cloudstack SSVM and MTU 9000 / jumbo frames
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2016 09:40:10 GMT
You can set the MTU for storage network using Xencenter(or xe) if you are using Xenserver.
This needs to be done in addition to setting the global config.

On 04/08/16, 7:44 PM, "Andrei Mikhailovsky" <andrei@arhont.com.INVALID> wrote:

>Hello
>
>I am experiencing some issues with setting MTU to 9000 on the cloudstack ssvm. I've updated
the secstorage.vm.mtu.size option in ACS management server and restarted it. After that i've
deleted the SSVM and it has been successfully recreated.

>Looking at the network interface on the host server running the ssvm i can see that it
has indeed updated the MTU value for the storage network. However, when I am logging into
the ssvm server, the server's storage eth1 interface has the MTU set to 1500 and not 9000.
Analysing the traffic on the nfs server I can see that it is still using 1500 MTU when transferring
data over nfs.

>Has anyone successfully changed the MTU value from default to 9000 on the storage network?
Please let me know how you've done this?

abhinandan.prateek@shapeblue.comĀ
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue