cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Xiaoming Yang <xiaoming.y...@ndph.ox.ac.uk>
Subject networking problem with Windows 7 guest
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2016 14:23:24 GMT
Hi All,

I have set up my 'cloud' with a basic zone automatically using cloudmonkey following the sample
script in page https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/CloudStack+cloudmonkey+CLI#CloudStackcloudmonkeyCLI-Installation

After that, I have done following tests:

1.      Add two ISO images as templates, RHEL6.6 and Win7.

2.      Add ingress & egress rules allowing 'ping' and 'ssh'

3.      Create a RHEL instance and test 'ping' & 'ssh'.

4.      Create a Win7 instance and test 'ping'

Before step 4, thing are going as expected. I can ping rhel VM from external of the 'cloud',
and ping external machines from within the rhel VM.
However, I couldn't do the 'ping' with the Win7 VM. This is strange. Both VMs are in the same
zone, and I created them the same way.
Does anyone know anything about this 'problem' or did I miss anything? Any help/tips are appreciated.
BTW, I use 4.8 releases.

Regards,

Xiaoming