cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Abhinandan Prateek <abhinandan.prat...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: networking problem with Windows 7 guest
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2016 10:01:45 GMT
You need to check if windows 7 machine is pingable (icmp is enabled).

sample script in page https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/CloudStack+cloudmonkey+CLI#CloudStackcloudmonkeyCLI-Installation

>After that, I have done following tests:
>
>1.      Add two ISO images as templates, RHEL6.6 and Win7.
>
>2.      Add ingress & egress rules allowing 'ping' and 'ssh'
>
>3.      Create a RHEL instance and test 'ping' & 'ssh'.
>
>4.      Create a Win7 instance and test 'ping'
>
>Before step 4, thing are going as expected. I can ping rhel VM from external of the 'cloud',
and ping external machines from within the rhel VM.
>However, I couldn't do the 'ping' with the Win7 VM. This is strange. Both VMs are in the
same zone, and I created them the same way.
>Does anyone know anything about this 'problem' or did I miss anything? Any help/tips are
appreciated. BTW, I use 4.8 releases.

abhinandan.prateek@shapeblue.comĀ
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue