cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Gabriel Beims Bräscher <gabr...@autonomiccs.com.br>
Subject Re: R: XenServer bond question
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2016 18:16:18 GMT
I would choose (thinking about redundancy):

2 Storage + Management (one NIC is standby)
2 Guest
2 Public

But the following would ensure all 6 NICs would work constantly:

1 Storage
1 Management
2 Guest
2 Public

(in general) I would choose some of the 2 options above.
Let's say that your environment guest and public traffic are ok, but
storage and management are competing for network traffic. Then, a
suitable option would be:

2 Storage
2 Management
2 Guest + Public

This might help you:
http://www.shapeblue.com/understanding-cloudstacks-physical-networking-architecture/

Em 23/08/2016 13:31, Alessandro Caviglione escreveu:
> Since I've 6 NIC for each Server, which is the best config?
>
> 2 Management
> 2 Storage + Guest
> 2 Public
>
> ??
>
> On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 6:17 PM, Gabriel Beims Bräscher
> <gabriel@autonomiccs.com.br <mailto:gabriel@autonomiccs.com.br>> wrote:
>
>     I would say that it depends on how critical is your environment,
>     and if the storage and management are suffering from low throughput.
>
>     If the main focus is redundancy, keeping management + storage in a
>     bond of 2 NICs is worth (considering that you would not have other
>     2 NICs free to use and make 2NICs for Storage + 2NICs for management).
>
>     However, both traffic will be limited by the same NIC. On the view
>     of throughput, keeping management network separate from storage
>     gives the best that you can take from a NIC to each network.
>
>     Em 23/08/2016 12:53, c.alessandro@gmail.com
>     <mailto:c.alessandro@gmail.com> escreveu:
>>     Ok, so do you think that the best config is to keep management network separate
from storage?

>>     If in next cluster I’ll move storage network to another bond, do you think
I’ll able to use both NIC for throughput?