cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Yiping Zhang <yzh...@marketo.com>
Subject Re: Cloudstack - volume migration between clusters (primary storage)
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2016 17:00:18 GMT
I think the work is mostly performed by the hypervisors. I had seen following during storage
live migration in XenCenter:

Highlight the primary storage for the departing cluster, then select the “Storage” tab
on the right side panel.  You should see disk volumes on that primary storage. The far right
column is the “Virtual Machine” the disk belongs to.

While the live storage migration is running, the migrating volume is shown as attached to
a VM with the name “control domain for host xxx”, instead of the VM name it actually belongs
to.

To me, this is pretty convincing that Xen cluster is doing the migration.

Yiping