cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Wido den Hollander <w...@widodh.nl>
Subject Re: Meet BlueOrangutan
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2016 09:45:43 GMT

> Op 6 augustus 2016 om 11:14 schreef Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com>:
>

> All,
>

> Meet blueorangutan [1], a Github bot account that will help us automate CloudStack (PR)
testing [2][3] among other things.

> It works by polling Github notifications for the apache/cloudstack repository every minutes
and then reacts to comments. We can post comments on a apache/cloudstack PR and ask @blueorangutan
to perform certain build jobs such as building packages, then running Trillian [2] tests (across
a set of hypervisors) using those packages, and finally report us the results.

> Since, the task of building packages and testing them are expensive. A typical packaging
job may take up to 30 minutes, a typical Trillian [2][3] environment can take about 30 minutes
to build/deploy a zone, and a Trillian (smoke) test run may take hours while an exhaustive
Trillian (component+smoke) test run may take 3-4 days. Due to these reasons, for now the '@blueorangutan
test' task is restricted to a selected Github users (my colleagues at ShapeBlue). Running
Trillian test for each PR may be expensive, we may consider batching smaller thoroughly reviewed
PRs, then create packages for a set of PRs and test them all at once as well.

What do you need in additional resources? Building packages for example can be done very easily
in Docker containers. I can provide resources for that if needed. No problem!

> The task to build (centos6, centos7, debian) packages is relatively less expensive and
anyone can request blueorangutan to build packages now by commenting '@blueorangutan package'
on a PR.

> The great blue ape aims to be a quite friendly and polite bot, go on any apache/cloudstack
PR and try: