cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From ilya <ilya.mailing.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HA in management and DB For CLOUDstack
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2016 23:40:30 GMT
You should be "ok", however, assuming DB goes out on site 1 and you use
replicated DB on site 2 over VPN - there might be a considerable latency
between the MS on site 1 and DB on site 2 - which can work against you.

I dont know anything about your setup, is it KVM, VMware or XEN?

i'd setup

Site 1:
	2 MS host (fronted by VIP)
	2 DB hosts (replicated to each other and across the VPN as remote slave)

Site 2:
	2 MS host (fronted by VIP)
	2 DB hosts (replicated to each other and across the VPN as remote slave)

Also, i would probably not use CloudStack DB HA feature - and setup my
own mysql cluster (my opinion).

Regards,
ilya

On 7/1/16 11:33 AM, Ghaith Bannoura wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I have two sites that connected together using VPN  and I need to create on each office
one management and DB server, is it applicable to create each site DB server with replication
to the other one and each Management server connect to the DB that its exist in the same site
(each site have their management and DB server with DB replication between each other )  ?