cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Jacob Seeley <jsee...@vertitechit.com>
Subject RE: CS 4.8 VMware - Virtual Router stuck at starting
Date Sun, 24 Jul 2016 18:13:00 GMT
Hello,

I second this problem. I'm a new CloudStack user. I'm using CloudStack 4.8 on CentOS Linux
release 7.2.1511 (Core). My hypervisor is VMware (vCenter/ESXi 6). I can successfully deploy
a new basic zone with a pod, cluster, and host with primary and secondary storage. I'm using
the 4.6 SystemVM Template (systemvm64template-4.6.0-vmware.ova). Both the Console Proxy and
Secondary Storage System VMs get deployed and show as Running in CloudStack. However, when
I deploy my first instance (either from a template or ISO) and the Virtual Router gets deployed,
CloudStack continues to report the Virtual Router as Starting even though through vSphere
I can see it as up and running.

CloudStack reports that the Virtual Router requires an upgrade. When I do this, all that happens
is the Virtual Router powers down and then starts again.

Restarting the CloudStack service or the Virtual Router or destroying and recreating the Virtual
Router does not help.

At this point, I'm dead in the water. I've tried using CloudStack 4.5 on CentOS 7 but had
no luck starting the service. I was able to install and configure CloudStack 4.5 on Centos
6 however it us unable to connect to vCenter 6.

Thank you,

Jacob Seeley
Sr. Infrastructure Engineer
VertitechIT