cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From cs user <acldstk...@gmail.com>
Subject Migrate vm from local storage to shared - change service offering
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2016 12:03:56 GMT
Hi Folks,

This question relates to cloudstack 4.5.2. I know this is a bit behind now
but its still quite stable for us :-)

The problem I have is that lets say I do the following:

1. Launch a vm using a service offering which does not have shared storage,
and does not offer ha (local only).

2. I then shutdown this vm and manually migrate the root volume to shared
storage.

3. I then want to enable ha.

The difficulty here is that when you go to change the service offering
within cloudstack, it still only offers service offerings which don't have
HA. There doesn't seem to be a way to transition from one state to another,
at least using only the GUI.

Is there a way to do this using cloudmonkey ?

If not, what steps could be followed to change the config of this vm within
the DB?

Thanks!