cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Suresh Anaparti <suresh.anapa...@accelerite.com>
Subject Re: Cloustack with VMWare, Console not working
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2016 06:08:25 GMT
Pascal,

- Try to connect to the VNC socket (<ESXi host>:<VNC port>) of that console using
any third party VNC client (tightvnc, etc). If it doesn’t work, there might be some problem
at ESXi host. Login to the ESXi host and run command "esxcli network ip connection list |
grep -i listen” to confirm that the host is listening on that port for VNC connections.

- Try to telnet from the console proxy to the VNC port. [telnet <ESXi host> <VNC
port>]. If not connected, check if any firewall is blocking this.

Please share the console proxy log.

Thanks,
Suresh

On 01/07/16 4:20 am, "ilya" <ilya.mailing.lists@gmail.com> wrote:

>I suspect an issue between ESXi host and Console Proxy VM via MGMT
>interface.
>
>Just to confirm, try  watching netstat on console session
># watch 'netstat -antup | grep TIME'
>
>Initiate a console from cloudstack - see if you have anything in
>TIME_WAIT state.
>
>Regards
>ilya
>
>On 6/30/16 9:06 AM, Pascal R. wrote:
>> Hi List!
>>

>> i'm testing arround with Cloudstack here, Cloudstack 4.8, vSphere 5.5 and
>> ESXi 5.5
>>

>> Everything works so far, all systems vm's are launched and working, i'm
>> able to provision new vm's.
>>

>> but the console is not working, i always get:

>> Unable to start console session as connection is refused by the machine you
>> are accessing
>>

>> The Ports are open on the ESXi Hosts.
>>

>> Any hint ?

DISCLAIMER