cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Marc-Andre Jutras <mar...@marcuspocus.com>
Subject Re: FW: Password reset, not work after adding new Guest IP Class
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2016 21:06:20 GMT
Thanks for the logs Cristian,

You just forgot to include the : /var/log/cloud.log available on the
VR... ;)

Also, quite Interesting to see that your VM can communicate with ACS
correctly...

Can you try to reproduce it again but this time with the default VM (
ie: CentOS 5.6... ) Just want to see if it's going to behave the same
way with the default template... if it work, that will means something
is wrong with your VM template or something is wrong in your cloud-init
configuration

Marcus

On 2016-06-01 4:43 PM, Cristian Ciobanu wrote:
> Hi Marcus,
>
>        I just reproduced this error, by removing an old VM (with and IP from previous
class ) also exported the last part from log :

>       VR LOG : hxxp://pastebin.com/TH8CcEL6
>

>       Very interesting is what I saw on VM :
>
>       VM LOG : hxxp://pastebin.com/dn6Du4ci  ( in order to grab this part of the log
I was able to login with default VM password which was set before when I created this template
)

> Thank you !
>
> Regards,
> Cristian

it ? :   like i said before i do reboot or delete, when a new vm are deployd from another
class (  from X to Y to Z, etc  and viceversa )
>>           11. On your VM : can you check which cloud-init version you're running
? ( could it be related ? : i'm not  sure if this can be related, i have about 7 OS Templates,
Windows, Linux and i have the same issue for all.
>>            For Windows i use : cloudbaseinit 0.9
>>            For Linux i use
>> hxxps://github.com/HeinleinSupport/acs-template-scripts i also use
>> hxxp://cloudstack-administration.readthedocs.io/en/4.8/templates.html#
>> linux-os-installation for centos 6.7
>>
>>          Thank you !!
>>
>> Regards,
>> Cristian

core router can see correctly both public ip range and route them correctly...

>> You mention that you're using Cloustack 4.5.2 wuth Vmware 5.5
>>     - vmware : which latest fix / patch level installed ?
>>     - approx : how many vm per hosts are you running
>>     - how many NIC per hypervsor ? ( bonding ? )
>>     - how many vswitch port ? (
>> http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-installation/en/
>> 4.6/hypervisor/vsphere.html#increasing-ports
>> )
>>     - can you send me a screenshot of your vsphere client // networking
>> setup ? (
>> http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-installation/en/
>> 4.6/hypervisor/vsphere.html#physical-host-networking
>> )
>>     - are you using any dvswitch or only vswitch ? if dvswitch, in ACS / Global settings
: vmware.use.dvswitch is enable ?
>>     - on cloudstack : global settings / host : this IP is reachable internally (
RFC1918 - 10.x.x.x, 172.16.x.x, 192.168.x.x ) or externally ( public ip )
>>     - - if public IP, any firewall or load balancer that could restraint or limit
the access ??
>> - can you provide a quick networking layout on how you setup your
>> network ? ( example: hxxp://imgur.com/wZdjoqN )
>> - VR version : log on the VR and do : cat /etc/cloudstack-release  (
>> it shoud report 4.5 )
>> - VR version: latest VR in place ?  (
>> http://cloudstack.apt-get.eu/systemvm/4.5/ )
>> - Can you try to delete / expunge the VR and let the system re-create it ?
>> - on your VM : can you check which cloud-init version you're running ? ( could it
be related ? :
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cloud-init/+bug/1440263 )
>>
>> Marcus
>>
>> On 2016-05-31 4:21 PM, Cristian Ciobanu wrote:
>>> Hi Marcus,
>>>
>>>          I the all requested tests, successfully, please see in provided images.
>>>
>>>          IP to GW: hxxp://imgur.com/a/ON99N ( i also did ping on other
>>> GW not allocated on ACS)
>>>
>>>          IP to IP: hxxp://imgur.com/a/uPlFr ( IP to Linux VM's from
>>> ACS environment )
>>>
>>>          IP to DNS : hxxp://imgur.com/a/oWrAj
>>>

>>>       Thanks for support!
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>> Cristian

should be reachable and not configured on the VR and another public IP...

>>>       a-1) ping -I 159.X.X.X 167.X.X.X-GW
>>>
>>>       a-2) ping -I 159.X.X.X 167.X.X.X-IP
>>>
>>>       a-3) ping -I 159.X.X.X 8.8.8.8
>>>
>>>       b-1) ping -I 167.X.X.X 159.X.X.X-GW
>>>
>>>       b-2) ping -I 167.X.X.X 159.X.X.X-IP
>>>
>>>       b-3) ping -I 167.X.X.X 8.8.8.8
>>>
>>>       post me the result...
>>>
>>> 3- re-load the original ping util... ( apt-get install inetutils-ping
>>> -  or destroy / re-create your VR... )
>>>
>>> Normally, your core router should know about these two IP ranges, if so, you
can just force the core router to route one IP range to the other range and set only one default
gateway in Cloudstack/public ip range...

>>> Marcus

issue with ACS: TCP packet seems to be blocked on the border router... ie: ip on 159.X.X.X
network is trying to reach your ACS server via the 167.X.X.X gateway or vice-versa; VR is
not managing two different default gateway !

both ip range got their gateway ? ) if so, check there to allow source IP : 159.X to be able
to reach GW : 167 or vice-versa...

just want to know if is possibile to fix this issue.

VR

but i need to know if this can be solved on 4.5.2

<mailto:cristian.c@istream.today> > wrote:

> [...]
i was able to see two networks on VR only after i did rebuild for the router.

i was able to login on VM only with static password.

VM when generated password works :