cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: 4.8.0 install fails with tomcat files missing
Date Sun, 12 Jun 2016 01:55:51 GMT
You were exactly right and --tomcat7 solved the problem.
In fact there was a small note on the CentOS 6.5 quick start
documentation that this flag could be used.
I was using this as a Guide but was altering my actions to handle CentOS 7.

I am not sure that this should be optional since 4.8.0 seems to include
Tomcat 7 so you really do not have an option of using another version if
you use the Quick Start Guide.
It should be the default for the CentOS 6.5 Quick Install since there is
no other version of Tomcat involved.

In the docs,
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-installation/en/4.8/qig.html
the option should be in the command shown in the code figure since it is
for a very specific setup - CentOS 6 and the stock 4.8.x distribution.

Thanks for your help.

Ron

On 11/06/2016 7:11 AM, Remi Bergsma wrote:
> Hi Ron,
>
> There's a flag to run the setup mgt script to support tomcat7. Can't remember its exact
naming (am on a phone now). Something like --tomcat7 or --centos7 or so. That should work.

> Regards, Remi
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On 10 Jun 2016, at 23:04, Ron Wheeler <rwheeler@artifact-software.com> wrote:
>>
>> I had cloudstack 4.5.2 installed and running at one point on CentOS7.
>>
>> After updating a lot of packages including the kernel, it stopped working.
>>
>> I uninstalled the old cloudstack - deleted the database and installed  4.8.0. It
did not work.

>> I found out that the uninstall did not actually remove very many files.
>>
>> I uninstalled 4.8.0 and deleted the cloudstack folders on /etc and usr/share, deleted
the database and started again.

>> Seemed OK until cloudstack-setup-management.
>>
>> "Cannot find /etc/cloudstack/management/server-nonssl.xml or /etc/cloudstack/management/tomcat6-nonssl.conf,
https enable failed"

>> Sure enough there are no such files and I recall on the older setup that there were
links from /etc/ to /user/share.

>> There are no instructions about setting these up manually and I would have thought
that the install would have done this.

>> Did I miss something?
>>
>> Console output:
>>
>> CloudStack has successfully initialized database, you can check your database configuration
in /etc/cloudstack/management/db.properties

>> [root@vserver1 management]# cloudstack-setup-management
>> Starting to configure CloudStack Management Server:
>> Configure Firewall ...        [OK]
>> Configure CloudStack Management Server ...[Failed]
>> Cannot find /etc/cloudstack/management/server-nonssl.xml or /etc/cloudstack/management/tomcat6-nonssl.conf,
https enable failed
>> Try to restore your system:
>> Restore Firewall ...          [OK]
>> Restore CloudStack Management Server ...[OK]
>>
>> [root@vserver1 management]# cd /etc/cloudstack/management
>> [root@vserver1 management]# ls
>> Catalina         catalina.properties  commons-logging.properties environment.properties
 key              server7-nonssl.xml tomcat-users.xml