cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Marc-Andre Jutras <mar...@marcuspocus.com>
Subject Re: FW: Password reset, not work after adding new Guest IP Class
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2016 14:45:45 GMT
can you post your cloud-init config file ?

Thanks !

On 2016-06-02 5:31 AM, Cristian Ciobanu wrote:
> Hi,
>
>       I did deploy using default VM : CentOS 5.3(64-bit) no GUI (vSphere),  but this
template is without "password generate"  by default.

>       In order to test I changed to  : Password Enable  Yes (from ACS Management side
) but looks like no cloud-init is integrated :

>       I don't see any request for password in this template :
>

> Jun  2 04:28:01 testdep06 kernel: Bluetooth: HIDP (Human Interface Emulation) ver 1.1
> Jun  2 04:28:01 testdep06 avahi-daemon[2955]: Service "SFTP File Transfer on testdep06"
(/services/sftp-ssh.service) successfully established.
> Jun  2 04:28:51 testdep06 smartd[3040]: smartd version 5.38 [x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu]
Copyright (C) 2002-8 Bruce Allen
> Jun  2 04:28:51 testdep06 smartd[3040]: Home page is http://smartmontools.sourceforge.net/
> Jun  2 04:28:51 testdep06 smartd[3040]: Opened configuration file /etc/smartd.conf
> Jun  2 04:28:51 testdep06 smartd[3040]: Configuration file /etc/smartd.conf was parsed,
found DEVICESCAN, scanning devices
> Jun  2 04:28:51 testdep06 smartd[3040]: Problem creating device name scan list
> Jun  2 04:28:51 testdep06 smartd[3040]: Device: /dev/hda, opened
> Jun  2 04:28:51 testdep06 kernel: hda: drive_cmd: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete
Error }
> Jun  2 04:28:51 testdep06 kernel: hda: drive_cmd: error=0x04 { AbortedCommand }
> Jun  2 04:28:51 testdep06 kernel: ide: failed opcode was: 0xec
> Jun  2 04:28:51 testdep06 smartd[3040]: Device: /dev/hda, not ATA, no IDENTIFY DEVICE
Structure
> Jun  2 04:28:51 testdep06 smartd[3040]: Device: /dev/hdb, opened
> Jun  2 04:28:51 testdep06 smartd[3040]: Device: /dev/hdb, not found in smartd database.
> Jun  2 04:28:51 testdep06 smartd[3040]: Device: /dev/hdb, lacks SMART capability
> Jun  2 04:28:51 testdep06 smartd[3040]: Device: /dev/hdb, to proceed anyway, use '-T
permissive' Directive.
> Jun  2 04:28:51 testdep06 smartd[3040]: Monitoring 0 ATA and 0 SCSI devices
> Jun  2 04:28:51 testdep06 smartd[3042]: smartd has fork()ed into background mode. New
PID=3042.

> You just forgot to include the : /var/log/cloud.log available on the VR... : I just reproduced
this issue again in order to provide output from cloud.log

> Wed Jun  1 21:01:14 UTC 2016 : VR config: executing: /opt/cloud/bin/vmdata.py -d eyIxNTguNjkuMTcuMjM2IjpbWyJ1c2VyZGF0YSIsInVzZXItZGF0YSIsbnVsbF0sWyJtZXRhZGF0YSIsInNlcnZpY2Utb2ZmZXJpbmciLCJDdXN0b20gSW5zdGFuY2UiXSxbIm1ldGFkYXRhIiwiYXZhaWxhYmlsaXR5LXpvbmUiLCJaT05FMDAxIl0sWyJtZXRhZGF0YSIsImxvY2FsLWlwdjQiLCIxNTguNjkuMTcuMjM2Il0sWyJtZXRhZGF0YSIsImxvY2FsLWhvc3RuYW1lIiwidGVzdGRlcDAyIl0sWyJtZXRhZGF0YSIsInB1YmxpYy1pcHY0IiwiMTU4LjY5LjE3LjIzNiJdLFsibWV0YWRhdGEiLCJwdWJsaWMtaG9zdG5hbWUiLCJ0ZXN0ZGVwMDIiXSxbIm1ldGFkYXRhIiwiaW5zdGFuY2UtaWQiLCIxYTk4NzkyZi1jMTIzLTQ0NjMtODg0Zi05YjkxYTk1YzhlOWUiXSxbIm1ldGFkYXRhIiwidm0taWQiLCIxYTk4NzkyZi1jMTIzLTQ0NjMtODg0Zi05YjkxYTk1YzhlOWUiXSxbIm1ldGFkYXRhIiwicHVibGljLWtleXMiLG51bGxdLFsibWV0YWRhdGEiLCJjbG91ZC1pZGVudGlmaWVyIiwiQ2xvdWRTdGFjay17ZmRlNmFiOTQtNDlkNi00YWExLWFhYzgtM2RkZjc4ODk2ZWVlfSJdXX0=
> Wed Jun  1 21:01:14 UTC 2016 : VR config: execution success
> ^C
> root@r-172-VM:/var/log# less cloud.log
> root@r-172-VM:/var/log# date
> Thu Jun  2 08:50:40 UTC 2016
>

>        Thank you !
>

> Regards,
> Cristian

template... if it work, that will means something is wrong with your VM template or something
is wrong in your cloud-init configuration

> Marcus
>

> On 2016-06-01 4:43 PM, Cristian Ciobanu wrote:
>> Hi Marcus,
>>
>>         I just reproduced this error, by removing an old VM (with and IP from previous
class ) also exported the last part from log :

>>        VR LOG : hxxp://pastebin.com/TH8CcEL6
>>

>>        Very interesting is what I saw on VM :
>>
>>        VM LOG : hxxp://pastebin.com/dn6Du4ci  ( in order to grab this
>> part of the log I was able to login with default VM password which was
>> set before when I created this template )
>>
>> Thank you !
>>
>> Regards,
>> Cristian

VR ?

>> Marcus
>>

>> On 2016-06-01 12:21 PM, Cristian Ciobanu wrote:
>>> Hi Marcus,
>>>

>>>             Ok, please see, i also attached screenshots.
>>>
>>>            1. Yes, i'm using CloudStack 4.5.2 with Vmware 5.5 update3
>>>            2. vCenter version : hxxp://imgur.com/tcjY4kS
>>>            3. Host version : hxxp://imgur.com/ZIDKqWe
>>>            4. 2X NIC/hypervisor : hxxp://imgur.com/UefelGO
>>>            5.How many vm per hosts: 5-7 : hxxp://imgur.com/ZIDKqWe
>>>            6. How many vswitch port ? : 120  (looks like i forgot to change )
: hxxp://imgur.com/m3CPdSb
>>>            7. Networking setup : hxxp://imgur.com/UefelGO
>>>            8. I use only vswitch: hxxp://imgur.com/LJTx2gD
>>>            9. VR version : 4.5.2
>>>            10. Can you try to delete / expunge the VR and let the system re-create
it ? :   like i said before i do reboot or delete, when a new vm are deployd from another
class (  from X to Y to Z, etc  and viceversa )
>>>            11. On your VM : can you check which cloud-init version you're running
? ( could it be related ? : i'm not  sure if this can be related, i have about 7 OS Templates,
Windows, Linux and i have the same issue for all.
>>>             For Windows i use : cloudbaseinit 0.9
>>>             For Linux i use
>>> hxxps://github.com/HeinleinSupport/acs-template-scripts i also use
>>> hxxp://cloudstack-administration.readthedocs.io/en/4.8/templates.html
>>> #
>>> linux-os-installation for centos 6.7
>>>
>>>           Thank you !!
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Cristian

public core router can see correctly both public ip range and route them correctly...

>>> You mention that you're using Cloustack 4.5.2 wuth Vmware 5.5
>>>      - vmware : which latest fix / patch level installed ?
>>>      - approx : how many vm per hosts are you running
>>>      - how many NIC per hypervsor ? ( bonding ? )
>>>      - how many vswitch port ? (
>>> http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-installation/en
>>> / 4.6/hypervisor/vsphere.html#increasing-ports
>>> )
>>>      - can you send me a screenshot of your vsphere client //
>>> networking setup ? (
>>> http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-installation/en
>>> / 4.6/hypervisor/vsphere.html#physical-host-networking
>>> )
>>>      - are you using any dvswitch or only vswitch ? if dvswitch, in ACS / Global
settings : vmware.use.dvswitch is enable ?
>>>      - on cloudstack : global settings / host : this IP is reachable internally
( RFC1918 - 10.x.x.x, 172.16.x.x, 192.168.x.x ) or externally ( public ip )
>>>      - - if public IP, any firewall or load balancer that could restraint or
limit the access ??
>>> - can you provide a quick networking layout on how you setup your
>>> network ? ( example: hxxp://imgur.com/wZdjoqN )
>>> - VR version : log on the VR and do : cat /etc/cloudstack-release  (
>>> it shoud report 4.5 )
>>> - VR version: latest VR in place ?  (
>>> http://cloudstack.apt-get.eu/systemvm/4.5/ )
>>> - Can you try to delete / expunge the VR and let the system re-create it ?
>>> - on your VM : can you check which cloud-init version you're running ? ( could
it be related ? :
>>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cloud-init/+bug/1440263 )
>>>
>>> Marcus

that should be reachable and not configured on the VR and another public IP...

you can just force the core router to route one IP range to the other range and set only one
default gateway in Cloudstack/public ip range...

an issue with ACS: TCP packet seems to be blocked on the border router... ie: ip on 159.X.X.X
network is trying to reach your ACS server via the 167.X.X.X gateway or vice-versa; VR is
not managing two different default gateway !

( where both ip range got their gateway ? ) if so, check there to allow source IP : 159.X
to be able to reach GW : 167 or vice-versa...

i just want to know if is possibile to fix this issue.

VR

bug, but i need to know if this can be solved on 4.5.2

<mailto:cristian.c@istream.today <mailto:cristian.c@istream.today <mailto:cristian.c@istream.today>

also i was able to see two networks on VR only after i did rebuild for the router.

not working, i was able to login on VM only with static password.

from VM when generated password works :

<mailto:s.seitz@secretresearchfacility.com <mailto:s.seitz@secretresearchfacility.com