cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Koushik Das <koushik....@accelerite.com>
Subject Re: Allow users to resize root volume of a template-based instance?
Date Thu, 09 Jun 2016 08:52:17 GMT
Check if you are able to call the resizeVolume API directly (without going through the UI).
By default domain admins and users are authorized to use it. Also check commands.properties
file to see what bitmask is associated with the API.

-Koushik

On 08/06/16, 4:33 AM, "Andy Dills" <andy@xecu.net> wrote:

>On 06/07/2016 18:26, Dag Sonstebo wrote:
>
>> Which version of CloudStack are you on Andy? The bug seems to have been fixed in
4.2 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-2337 [1]), but we recently came across
it again in 4.6 - with a fix appearing in 4.6.2 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-9101
[2]).

>> Regards,
>> Dag Sonstebo
>> Cloud Architect
>> ShapeBlue
>
>Hi Dag,
>
>I'm running CS 4.8.
>
>It's a little different than those bugs; I reviewed those with hope. It
>seemed like back then the issue was that nobody had the UI element to
>resize the disk, whereas now the issue (at least as I see it) is that
>only the Admin account gets the UI element.
>
>Can anybody else confirm whether or not they see the UI element to
>resize the disk as regular user or domain admin in CS 4.8?
>
>Thanks,
>Andy
>
>---

>ANDY DILLS - XECUNET, LLC