cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Kirk Kosinski <kirk.kosin...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: PERSISTANT VLANID FOR VIRTUAL MACHINE
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2016 17:39:37 GMT
Hi, are you seeing this behavior with isolated or shared networks?  I believe that is the expected
behavior for an isolated network, whereas for shared networks the VLAN should be persistent.

Best regards,

kirk.kosinski@shapeblue.comĀ
www.shapeblue.com
53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden, London  WC2N 4HS
@shapeblue

-----Original Message-----
From: Venkat Boggarapu [mailto:venkat.b@axiomio.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2016 5:57 AM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: PERSISTANT VLANID FOR VIRTUAL MACHINE

Hi All,

Our present environment is CS4.3.1 and XENSERVER 6.2.

In Cloud Stack we will create a separate VLAN ID for each Virtual machine.

While doing maintenance or if we reboot the router for any reasons, the VLAN ID for the virtual
machine changes.

My query is I want to keep the same VLAN ID if we reboot the router or do any maintenance.

I need PERSISTENT VLAN-ID for the Virtual Machine.

If any have faced this scenario please help me how to keep the VLAN-ID persistent for  virtual
machine.

Thanks,
Venkat Boggarapu