cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Tim Mackey <tmac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: XenServer nested on XenServer
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2016 13:38:25 GMT
Maruko-san,

My expectation is even with KVM you'd experience similar problems. Assuming
KVM will virtualize XenServer (not something I'm aware of it being a
working configuration), you'd still have the networking problems to
address. Paul can confirm, but to the best of my knowledge, the only
hypervisor with a virtual switch which properly supports trunking is
vSphere Enterprise Plus (and may require Cisco Nexus 1000v). I am aware of
people nesting XenServer in vSphere for training purposes, but the
performance is low (iirc nested vSphere emulates some of the hypervisor
calls rather than using pure hardware).

-tim