cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Vairavan Murugappan <vmuru...@hawk.iit.edu>
Subject Security group trouble in basic networking
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2016 21:40:44 GMT
Hi,
I have configured the cloudstack based on the instructions provided for
basic networking. I have KVM hypervisor running.

* I dont have public ips to the VM's, so have to log in to all the VMs
using the private ip.
* I have added ingress rule to allow ssh access to the VMs from anywhere (
0.0.0.0/0).
* However i can log in to the VMs only from the host and i could not
connect to the VMs from any where else from my cloud network. When i looked
at the iptables rules on the host machine, it has a firewall rule to drop
all packets on top of allowing port 22 traffic (i am not sure if the accept
will override the drop though).
* But when i do `service iptables restart` on the host machine i can access
VM from anywhere within my cloud network.

So, I understand its somthing with the security groups and the firewall
rules but i couldn't figure out what i am doing wrong here. Any help would
be appreciated.

Thanks.

-
Mani.