cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Remi Bergsma <RBerg...@schubergphilis.com>
Subject Re: 4.8.0 install fails with tomcat files missing
Date Sat, 11 Jun 2016 11:11:51 GMT
Hi Ron,

There's a flag to run the setup mgt script to support tomcat7. Can't remember its exact naming
(am on a phone now). Something like --tomcat7 or --centos7 or so. That should work.

Regards, Remi

Sent from my iPhone

> On 10 Jun 2016, at 23:04, Ron Wheeler <rwheeler@artifact-software.com> wrote:
>
> I had cloudstack 4.5.2 installed and running at one point on CentOS7.
>
> After updating a lot of packages including the kernel, it stopped working.
>
> I uninstalled the old cloudstack - deleted the database and installed  4.8.0. It did
not work.

> I found out that the uninstall did not actually remove very many files.
>
> I uninstalled 4.8.0 and deleted the cloudstack folders on /etc and usr/share, deleted
the database and started again.

> Seemed OK until cloudstack-setup-management.
>
> "Cannot find /etc/cloudstack/management/server-nonssl.xml or /etc/cloudstack/management/tomcat6-nonssl.conf,
https enable failed"

> Sure enough there are no such files and I recall on the older setup that there were links
from /etc/ to /user/share.

> There are no instructions about setting these up manually and I would have thought that
the install would have done this.

> Did I miss something?
>
> Console output:
>
> CloudStack has successfully initialized database, you can check your database configuration
in /etc/cloudstack/management/db.properties

> [root@vserver1 management]# cloudstack-setup-management
> Starting to configure CloudStack Management Server:
> Configure Firewall ...        [OK]
> Configure CloudStack Management Server ...[Failed]
> Cannot find /etc/cloudstack/management/server-nonssl.xml or /etc/cloudstack/management/tomcat6-nonssl.conf,
https enable failed
> Try to restore your system:
> Restore Firewall ...          [OK]
> Restore CloudStack Management Server ...[OK]
>
> [root@vserver1 management]# cd /etc/cloudstack/management
> [root@vserver1 management]# ls
> Catalina         catalina.properties  commons-logging.properties environment.properties
 key              server7-nonssl.xml tomcat-users.xml