cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From ilya <ilya.mailing.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ACS 4.3 & VMware CPU Allocation
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2016 23:05:28 GMT
You can pass arbitrary vmware specifc configs for each template that
will be exposed in VMX. This is done when you import your template - for
example - in cloudmonkey

register template format=ova hypervisor=vmware
url=http://mywebserver/ovas/ol-5.8-52.ova  ispublic=true isfeatured=true
passwordenabled=false details[0].rootDiskController=scsi
details[0].nicAdapter=Vmxnet3 details[0].keyboard=us
details[0].keyboard.typematicMindelay=2000000 ostypeid=146 zoneid=-1
displaytext=OL58-52 name=OL58-52

The "details[0]" argument can be used to feed custom vmware metadata
that would enforce the usage of cores vs sockets.

Reference:

Attribute:
cpu.corespersocket=X