cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From ilya <ilya.mailing.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Storage Performance
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2016 00:58:47 GMT
I see in the code setCacheMode for KVM is there - i'm not certain how to
invoke it to use writeback.

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cloudstack.git&a=search&h=HEAD&st=grep&s=setCacheMode

On 6/6/16 7:26 AM, Vladimir Melnik wrote:
> Dear colleagues,
>
> I've found why guest's storage performance was much less than host's performance (the
mistake was too stupid to tell about it, really).

> But I'd like to ask one more question if you don't mind. :) I played with various KVM
options (cache, io and so on...) and now I can say that I got most IOpS with cache=writeback.
Tests are being performed with the fio utility, here is the jobfile contents:
> 	[readtest]
> 	blocksize=4k
> 	filename=/dev/vdb
> 	rw=randread
> 	direct=1
> 	buffered=0
> 	ioengine=libaio
> 	iodepth=32
> 	size=20%
>
> 	[writetest]
> 	blocksize=4k
> 	filename=/dev/vdb
> 	rw=randwrite
> 	direct=1
> 	buffered=0
> 	ioengine=libaio
> 	iodepth=32
> 	size=20%
>
> Is there any way to make ACS run create KVM domains with cache=writeback instead of cache=none
without patching the source code?