cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Winger-Media IT GmbH - Guido Winger <gwin...@winger-media.de>
Subject secondary storage Questions
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2016 12:06:03 GMT
Hi there,

we deployed a ceph cluster yesterday and configured 2 pools.
We have 3 host machines and on each we have 2 Raid arrays.
one with SSD's and one with SATA drives.
We were able to get the „primary“ pool running only on the SATA drives  and
the „secondary“ pool running distinctly on the SSD’s.
So what we want is to use the „secondary“ pool on the SSD Raids to run the secondary Cloudstack
storage.
What is actually the best practice to get this working for production environment.
Are we able to setup a cephfs on the SSD pool and mount this as secondary storage?
Is it more recommended to split the 3 hosts SSD Raids and mount them separately with nfs?
We are a little bit confused at this stage.

Another unanswered question is, how we can calculate the size we will need for secondary storage.
Actually we have 3*2 TB for secondary on SSD drives (RAID 0) and 3*7.1 TB for primary on Sata.(RAID
10).

Please can anybody explain.

Best Regards, Guido

Winger-Media IT GmBH