cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Marc-Andre Jutras <mar...@marcuspocus.com>
Subject Re: Can't stop mgmt server cleanly for CS 4.8.0
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2016 13:20:23 GMT
try to upgrade your tomcat to ver 7...

On 2016-06-10 4:10 PM, Yiping Zhang wrote:
> RHEL 6.7 / java-1.7.0-openjdk-1.7.0.85-2.6.1.3 / tomcat6-6.0.24-90
>
> On 6/10/16, 12:49 PM, "Marc-Andre Jutras" <marcus@marcuspocus.com> wrote:
>
>> which java / tomcat / centos version you're running on ?
>>

>> On 2016-06-10 3:41 PM, Yiping Zhang wrote:
>>> Hi, all:
>>>
>>> We have a cron job to restart mgmt. service once a week. However, after we upgraded
to CS 4.8.0, the cron job would leave the service stopped and Nagios starts to page oncall.
 We traced the problem to that the mgmt. service won’t stop cleanly, even when we try to
stop it manually from CLI:

>>> # service cloudstack-management stop
>>> Stopping cloudstack-management:                            [FAILED]
>>> # service cloudstack-management status
>>> cloudstack-management dead but pid file exists
>>> The pid file locates at /var/run/cloudstack-management.pid and lock file at /var/lock/subsys/cloudstack-management.
>>>           Starting cloudstack-management will take care of them or you can manually
clean up.
>>> #
>>>
>>> The catalina.out log file has following exception:
>>>
>>> INFO  [o.a.c.s.l.CloudStackExtendedLifeCycle] (Thread-95:null) stopping bean
ClusterManagerImpl
>>> INFO  [c.c.c.ClusterManagerImpl] (Thread-95:null) Stopping Cluster manager, msid
: 60274787591663
>>> ERROR [c.c.c.ClusterServiceServletContainer] (Thread-11:null) Unexpected exception
>>> java.net.SocketException: Socket closed
>>>            at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketAccept(Native Method)
>>>            at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.accept(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:398)
>>>            at java.net.ServerSocket.implAccept(ServerSocket.java:530)
>>>            at java.net.ServerSocket.accept(ServerSocket.java:498)
>>>            at com.cloud.cluster.ClusterServiceServletContainer$ListenerThread.run(ClusterServiceServletContainer.java:131)
>>> log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (com.cloud.cluster.ClusterServiceServletContainer).
>>> log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
>>> log4j:WARN See http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/faq.html#noconfig for more
info.
>>> Exception in thread "Timer-2" java.lang.NullPointerException
>>>            at org.slf4j.impl.Log4jLoggerAdapter.info(Log4jLoggerAdapter.java:304)
>>>            at org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.ManagedContextRunnable.getContext(ManagedContextRunnable.java:66)
>>>            at org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.ManagedContextRunnable.run(ManagedContextRunnable.java:46)
>>>            at org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.ManagedContextTimerTask.run(ManagedContextTimerTask.java:27)
>>>            at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:555)
>>>            at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:505)
>>> Exception in thread "Timer-1" java.lang.NullPointerException
>>>            at org.slf4j.impl.Log4jLoggerAdapter.info(Log4jLoggerAdapter.java:304)
>>>            at org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.ManagedContextRunnable.getContext(ManagedContextRunnable.java:66)
>>>            at org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.ManagedContextRunnable.run(ManagedContextRunnable.java:46)
>>>            at org.apache.cloudstack.managed.context.ManagedContextTimerTask.run(ManagedContextTimerTask.java:27)
>>>            at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:555)
>>>            at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:505)
>>>
>>> The SocketException does not show up in every CS instances, but those NullPointerException
for thread Timer-1/2 are present for all CS instances.

>>> As a work around, we have to stop the service again, to clean up leftover pid
and lock files,  before starting the service again.