cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From "Timothy Lothering" <tlother...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Storage Performance
Date Sun, 05 Jun 2016 17:05:30 GMT
Hi Vladimir,

What hypervisor are you using?

-----Original Message-----
From: Vladimir Melnik [mailto:v.melnik@uplink.ua]
Sent: Sunday, 05 June 2016 6:06 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Storage Performance

Hello,

I have an ACS-driven environment with a storage subsystem which is built on
Gluster over InfiniBand. The storage shows pretty good performance when I
mount a volume on a host and run a simple test ("dd if=/dev/zero
of=/mnt/tmp/test.1G bs=1G count=1 conv=fdatasync"), it shows about 400 MB/s
and that's okay. But when I deploy a virtual machine (I tried it with
CentOS-6.8-x64 as a guest OS), I can't gain so good result from inside of a
guest (it shows about 40 MB/s with the same simple test).

What do you think, have I forgotten to do something important when I was
seting this environment up?

Thank you very much for sharing your ideas and clues!

--
V.Melnik