cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Rohit Yadav <rohit.ya...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: cloudmonkey config file get reset to default settings
Date Thu, 26 May 2016 05:58:47 GMT
Correction from previous reply:

"I'll see what I can do, in general you should NOT be replacing or changing the cloudmonkey
config file outside of cloudmonkey itself."

Regards,
Rohit Yadav

rohit.yadav@shapeblue.comĀ
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

On May 26 2016, at 11:27 am, Rohit Yadav <rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com> wrote:
Whenever a set command is called, it would save/update the config file. When you run set profile
xyz; it needs to make that profile the default profile and update other parameters associated
with the profile which may be set as well (such as url, username, password, apikey, secretkey
etc). When cloudmonkey is running, and you replace the config file; on calling 'set' it would
save the config file based on its in-memory config dictionary.

I'll see what I can do, in general you should be replacing or changing the cloudmonkey config
file outside of cloudmonkey itself. If you want to create new profile, set new rules; you
should call cloudmonkey set <option> <values> either on command line or use puppet
to execute them. The tool was intended for single user, in case of multi-user or concurrent
usage, there is no concurrency control wrt configs.

One solution could be that, each server profile has their own config file instead of a single
config file, and you can start cloudmonkey to pick a server profile with a command line flag
such as -p <profile>. I'll see how I may improve this, for this I would like to know
how exactly you are using puppet or any other automation?

Regards,
Rohit Yadav