cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Shweta Agarwal <shweta.agarw...@accelerite.com>
Subject RE: KVM disk cache option has no effect
Date Thu, 12 May 2016 11:02:59 GMT
Hi Andrei,

Few days back I was also doing some testing in this area and then we found out that cache
field in disk offering is just a UI or API parameter. But in actual implementation of the
API we are just neglecting this parameter . So effectively these parameters in disk offering
does nothing  .

Thanks
Shweta

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrei Mikhailovsky [mailto:andrei@arhont.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2016 4:07 PM
To: users
Subject: KVM disk cache option has no effect

Hello

I've been trying to use cache = writeback option for my KVM hypervisor with ceph backend storage.
However, when I am launching a vm that uses the disk offering with cache=writeback, the cache
setting is still set to =none according to the ps aux command.The same applies to the root
as well as additional data volumes.

I am using ACS 4.7.1, both management and hypervisor servers are Ubuntu 14.04.

Could someone please advise on how enable writeback cache?

Cheers

Andrei

DISCLAIMER