cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Sanjeev Neelarapu <sanjeev.neelar...@accelerite.com>
Subject RE: Storagemigration / Primary Storages
Date Fri, 13 May 2016 06:05:10 GMT
Hi Stephan,

Once the volume migration is successful then only CS will delete it from the source storage.
Please make sure that there are no issues with volume migrations.

Best Regards,
Sanjeev N
Chief Product Engineer, Accelerite
Off: +91 40 6722 9368 | EMail: sanjeev.neelarapu@accelerite.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Stephan Seitz [mailto:s.seitz@secretresearchfacility.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2016 9:49 PM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Storagemigration / Primary Storages

Hi!

We're currently migrating volumes from one to another storage with the goal to get the source
LUN freed to finally remove the whole storage.
This runs w/ ACS 4.8 and XenServer 6.5 with attached FC-Storages.

Interestingly, the free space not only decreases (as expected) on the target LUN. Also the
source LUN is running full during this progress.

By now, I did'nt dug too deep, but maybe anyone had seen this issue.
too? And maybe could give a hint for the reason? ;)

What we had was:
SAS-LUN	w/ Tag SAS
SATA-LUN w/ Tag SATA

Every offering is configured with the respective Tags.

What we prepared:
SAS-LUN2 w/ Tags SAS,SASNEW
SATA-LUN2 w/ Tags SATA,SATAMEW
SAS-LUN w/ Tag SASOLD (changed from SAS) SATA-LUN w/ Tag SATAOLD (changed from SATA)

Most of the volumes are migrated live via cloudmonkey as simple as:

migrate volume volumeid=[somevolume-on-"old"-lun] storageid=SATA-LUN2 livemigrate=true

Some of the migration-jobs ran into ACS timouts until we changed job.cancel.threshold.minutes
to 240 (some of the bigger volumes took some amount of time).

Thanks for any suggestions.

- Stephan

DISCLAIMER