cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Dag Sonstebo <Dag.Sonst...@shapeblue.com>
Subject Re: How to import VMs to Cloudstack?
Date Tue, 17 May 2016 08:11:05 GMT
Hello,

you haven't explained what hypervisor you are using for your CloudStack instance - but I assume
you have a separate XenServer cluster you are using for this. To import the running VMs you
will have to first create templates of them and import these into CloudStack. A relatively
quick way of doing this is to attach an additional NFS share to one of your pre-existing XenServers,
then use the "xe vdi-export" command to export the VHD files. The command would be something
like:

xe vdi-export uuid=<uuid here> format=vhd filename=<templatefilename>.vhd --progress

Once the VHD files have been exported you can import these into CloudStack and then create
new VMs.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Dag Sonstebo