cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Aurélien <footp...@gmail.com>
Subject Download templates and ISOs via HTTPS
Date Thu, 19 May 2016 17:31:27 GMT
Hello,

I’m investigating an issue on CloudStack 4.8.0, which is I believe
well described in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-1475.

I’m trying to add my ISO from, for example:
https://releases.rancher.com/os/latest/rancheros.iso

The problem is that I’m using a custom SSL certificate, and because of
this, the java instance on the SSVM (and CPVM) is started with a
custom keystore; doing so also overrides the default certificate trust
store, and the traditional certificate validation mechanisms, so I get
the error (sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path
building failed:
sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to
find valid certification path to requested target).

Would il be possible and advisable to add the contents of the default
certificate store (Option 2 in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-1475?focusedCommentId=14537734&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-14537734)
to the custom store when a custom SSL certificate is activated ?

If so (i’m relatively new to CloudStack’s code) where should I peek in
the System VM to add the custom import commands ?

Is there any existing issue you are aware of that addresses this issue
? In my opinion, if there isn’t, we should open one.

What do you think ?

Thanks !

Best regards,
--