cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Rodrigo Marques <rodrigomarques1...@gmail.com>
Subject Adding Hyper-V primary storage in CloudStack
Date Fri, 13 May 2016 14:52:04 GMT
Hello,
I am trying to add a primary storage  for Hyper-V in CloudStack and I am
having some trouble.
He is the scenario:
I have a Linux with Ubuntu machine and I created two SMB storage for
WindowsServer 2012, one for primary storage and the other for secondary
storage.
I have added the secondary storage for Hyper-V in CloudStack successfully.
But I cannot add the primary storage.
Reading the *Hyper-V installation guide* at
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-installation/en/4.6/hypervisor/hyperv.html#storage-preparation-for-hyper-v-optional
noticed that is a "Storage supported section" saying that "Primary Storage:
Server Message Block (SMB) Version 3, *Local*", by Local, they mean that
the primary storage has to be in the same machine that the Hyper-V is
installed, or can it be in a Linux machine as well?

Thanks in advance!
--
Atenciosamente,

Rodrigo Marques.