cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Simon Weller <swel...@ena.com>
Subject Re: I cannot start agent - Cloudstack 4.8 - Connection closed with -1 on reading size
Date Tue, 03 May 2016 02:06:41 GMT
Ellie,

Can you try forcing ACS Management to only bind to IPV4?
Normally this is done in the JAVA_OPTS by setting -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Djava.net.preferIPv4Addresses=true

I think on the ACS Ubuntu release, JAVA_OPTS is set in your init scripts, but I'm not absolutely
sure about that.

Maybe someone who runs Ubuntu can chime in on this.

- Si

From: Elie MABO <mtadjo@yahoo.fr.INVALID>
Sent: Monday, May 2, 2016 8:38 PM
To: Users; Dev
Subject: I cannot start agent - Cloudstack 4.8 -  Connection closed with -1 on reading size

Hi,

I have upgraded my cloudstack from 4.4 to 4.8. After upgrading, the agent on hosts cannot
start. I receive the following message:
 20:08:45,833 ERROR [cloud.agent.AgentShell] (main:null) (logid:) Unable to start agent:
com.cloud.utils.exception.CloudRuntimeException: Unable to start the connection!
    at com.cloud.agent.Agent.start(Agent.java:230)
    at com.cloud.agent.AgentShell.launchAgent(AgentShell.java:399)
    at com.cloud.agent.AgentShell.launchAgentFromClassInfo(AgentShell.java:367)
    at com.cloud.agent.AgentShell.launchAgent(AgentShell.java:351)
    at com.cloud.agent.AgentShell.start(AgentShell.java:461)
    at org.apache.commons.daemon.support.DaemonLoader.start(DaemonLoader.java:243)
Caused by: com.cloud.utils.exception.NioConnectionException: Connection closed with -1 on
reading size.
    at com.cloud.utils.nio.NioConnection.start(NioConnection.java:94)
    at com.cloud.agent.Agent.start(Agent.java:228)
    ... 9 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Connection closed with -1 on reading size.
    at com.cloud.utils.nio.Link.doHandshake(Link.java:513)
    at com.cloud.utils.nio.NioClient.init(NioClient.java:80)
    at com.cloud.utils.nio.NioConnection.start(NioConnection.java:88)
    ... 10 more
2016-05-02 20:08:45,834 INFO  [cloud.agent.Agent] (AgentShutdownThread:null) (logid:) Stopping
the agent: Reason = sig.kill

I tried to troubleshoot, but nothing. Please, can anybody help me to solve my problem ?

Additional information

1- The output of netstat command shows that management server does not listen on TCP port
8250, but on TCP6 port 8250
admin@mgnt:~$ sudo netstat -tanp | grep 8250
tcp6       0      0 :::8250                 :::*                    LISTEN      20101/jsvc.exec

2- The telnet command on port 8250 return the message "Connection closed by foreign host."admin@mgnt:~$
telnet 192.168.1.10 8250
Trying 192.168.1.10...
Connected to 192.168.1.10.
Escape character is '^]'.
Connection closed by foreign host.

3- Management server and hosts (2) are running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS as operating system, and all
are up-to-date.
Thank you in advance.
Elie