cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Rene Moser <m...@renemoser.net>
Subject Re: upgrade the database (Mysql)
Date Mon, 30 May 2016 09:36:35 GMT
Hi

On 05/30/2016 06:21 AM, kotipalli venkatesh wrote:
> How to upgrade the cloud stack database(Mysql).

Regarding schema upgrades, this is handled in cloudstack management
server. It checks whether it's needed to migrate the schema or not on
every service start.

Regarding mysql server upgrade, this is up to you. I prefer and would
recommend the mysql (mariadb) package or your distribution. Usually I
upgrade a package on security related issues. However as always, test
first and backup before.

Personally I would not recommend yet upgrading to MySQL 5.7 by hand as I
saw some backward incompatibilities.

Regards
Rene