cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From ilya <ilya.mailing.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: I cannot start agent - Cloudstack 4.8 - Connection closed with -1 on reading size
Date Wed, 04 May 2016 00:08:52 GMT
Ellie,

We recently fixed a bug that prevents monopolizing the 8250 socket when
someone telnets onto 8250 without proper SSL Handshake.

Not certain if 4.8 has it merged and we released a 4.8.x patch upgrade.

Perhaps we need to release 4.8 with bugfix, please kindly post a message
on dev list.

Would you be able to rebuild cloudstack from source?

CCing Rohit as he was the developer for this fix.

on TCP port 8250admin@mngt:~$ sudo netstat -tanp | grep 8250
> tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:8250            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      3143/jsvc.exec
> But, I always have the message "Connection closed by foreign host." when I telnet the
Management server on port 8250. So, agent on KVM hosts cannot start.
> Thanks again for you help
> Elie.
>

>     Le Lundi 2 mai 2016 22h07, Simon Weller <sweller@ena.com> a écrit :
>

>  Ellie,
>
> Can you try forcing ACS Management to only bind to IPV4?
> Normally this is done in the JAVA_OPTS by setting -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Djava.net.preferIPv4Addresses=true
>
> I think on the ACS Ubuntu release, JAVA_OPTS is set in your init scripts, but I'm not
absolutely sure about that.

> Maybe someone who runs Ubuntu can chime in on this.
>
> - Si

start. I receive the following message:
>  20:08:45,833 ERROR [cloud.agent.AgentShell] (main:null) (logid:) Unable to start agent:
> com.cloud.utils.exception.CloudRuntimeException: Unable to start the connection!
>     at com.cloud.agent.Agent.start(Agent.java:230)
>     at com.cloud.agent.AgentShell.launchAgent(AgentShell.java:399)
>     at com.cloud.agent.AgentShell.launchAgentFromClassInfo(AgentShell.java:367)
>     at com.cloud.agent.AgentShell.launchAgent(AgentShell.java:351)
>     at com.cloud.agent.AgentShell.start(AgentShell.java:461)
>     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
>     at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
>     at org.apache.commons.daemon.support.DaemonLoader.start(DaemonLoader.java:243)
> Caused by: com.cloud.utils.exception.NioConnectionException: Connection closed with -1
on reading size.
>     at com.cloud.utils.nio.NioConnection.start(NioConnection.java:94)
>     at com.cloud.agent.Agent.start(Agent.java:228)
>     ... 9 more
> Caused by: java.io.IOException: Connection closed with -1 on reading size.
>     at com.cloud.utils.nio.Link.doHandshake(Link.java:513)
>     at com.cloud.utils.nio.NioClient.init(NioClient.java:80)
>     at com.cloud.utils.nio.NioConnection.start(NioConnection.java:88)
>     ... 10 more
> 2016-05-02 20:08:45,834 INFO  [cloud.agent.Agent] (AgentShutdownThread:null) (logid:)
Stopping the agent: Reason = sig.kill

> I tried to troubleshoot, but nothing. Please, can anybody help me to solve my problem
?

> Additional information
>
> 1- The output of netstat command shows that management server does not listen on TCP
port 8250, but on TCP6 port 8250