cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Somesh Naidu <Somesh.Na...@citrix.com>
Subject RE: Calculating vm network usage
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2016 13:32:51 GMT
VM statistics are different from usage. These are runtime information stored in objects and
never persisted. So yes this is the intended behavior.

On the other hand, network usage/statistics are processed by ACS usage server and they are
persisted in the DB (I forget the table names) so you should be able to work with those.

Regards,
Somesh

-----Original Message-----
From: Özhan Rüzgar Karaman [mailto:oruzgarkaraman@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2016 9:11 AM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Calculating vm network usage

Hi;
We plan to monthly calculate vm network usage on ACS 4.8, normally we plan
to use CloudStack vm statistics, via api(listvirtualmachines) but today we
realised that when you restart CloudStack management server, the current
values are reset, so you loose all the values before management server
restart.

So is this behaviour normal that when you restart management server you
loose all the values there. So i like to understand if this a bug or if
this is a normal behaviour of ACS. My ACS also has usage server working
over it.

Thanks for all replies

Özhan