cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Shweta Agarwal <shweta.agarw...@accelerite.com>
Subject Re: Cloudstack 4.7 password reset issue.
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2016 05:28:31 GMT
Hi Richard,
Cloudstack is working as expected at every steps you mentioned .

when your template is password enabled  then every time you reset password via CS and stop
start the VM then router will push new password to the user VM .
If you want a VM with your set password then create a VM  with a template having no password
enabled check . In that case when you login to VM and change then password via VM console
then on stop start of VM the password will remain what you set via consol.

Hope it  helps to understand thing

Thanks
Shweta
Principal Product Engineer, CloudPlatform
Accelerite

From: Erik Weber <terbolous@gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, April 3, 2016 12:40 AM
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: Cloudstack 4.7 password reset issue.

On Sat, Apr 2, 2016 at 9:04 PM, Richard Klein (RSI) <rklein@rsitex.com>
wrote:

> First time mailer here, hello everyone.

Hi, and welcome!

> We are implementing CS 4.7 cluster with CentOS7.  All is going well with a
> few bumps that we have resolved.  During testing we are getting an unusual
> behavior from the password reset process.  We have setup the templates
> using the instructions from the documentation including installing the
> guest password and SSH setup scripts.  Below is what happens:
>
>  * Create a VM from template that has the password option checked and the
> root password is set as expected.
>  * Log in with 1st password and then change password of root via the
> console of the VM
>  * Perform a reboot from the VM console and the password stays as set
> manually.
>  * Power off VM, change PW with CS web GUI.  When the VM is powered on the
> password is the new one (as expected).
>  * Log in with new password on the console and then manually change root
> again.
>  * Reboot from the console and the password remains as manually set.
>  * Power off VM via web GUI and then power it back on.
>  * The password reverts to the last password reset operation from the web
> GUI.
>
> I've looked at the message logs and the guest password and SSH scripts are
> running normally.  The virtual router is sending the password reset again
> when the service query it.  But this only occurs after the VM is powered
> off then on again.  I expected the password to remain as the manually set
> password but it always reverts to the last password reset operation when
> the VM is powered off then on again.

Check the logs on the relevant VR. If the password script does not
successfully send the acknowledgment that the password was saved it won't
get removed from the VR and be set on subsequent reboots.

Don't recall at the moment if is /var/log/cloud.log, /var/log/syslog, but
just look around.

--
Erik

DISCLAIMER