cloudstack-users mailing list archives

From Paul Angus <paul.an...@shapeblue.com>
Subject RE: Re[2]: High Availability Cloudstack
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2016 08:13:40 GMT
I recall in the 4.3 release that HA on KVM did not function for loss of a host.  The management
log would report that it was 'investigating' for days without taking action.  The UI would
report the host as up at this time as well.

Kind regards,

Paul Angus

Regards,

PaulĀ Angus

paul.angus@shapeblue.comĀ
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

-----Original Message-----
From: Remi Bergsma [mailto:RBergsma@schubergphilis.com]
Sent: 10 April 2016 10:34
To: users@cloudstack.apache.org
Subject: Re: Re[2]: High Availability Cloudstack

Hi,

I have tested this multiple times with a multi-node kvm cluster. When you kill one hypervisor
(and it will not come back) then HA kicks in as expected and VMs with HA but set are started
again. Quite sure all versions since 4.6 work fine, most likely older versions as well.

Very simple to test, just give it a try.

Maybe we should write a Marvin integration test to prove it works as people keep saying it
doesn't for some reason.

Regards, Remi